Product Performance Lead
Based in Bracknell
Salary – Up to £40,000 (DOE)
37 hours per week, Mon – Thursday 8.30am-5pm and on Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance – 4 times annual gross reference salary (after confirmation), 26 Annual Holidays (pro-rata) and additional Bank Holidays etc.
Employee Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 confidential service)
Our client is a non-profit distributing, member-based association promoting knowledge and providing specialist services for construction and building services.
The role of Product Performance Lead within our clients Research, Investigations & Test department will oversee and conduct testing and commissioning of equipment, whilst providing a wide range of technical consultancy and support services to members and the building services industry in general.
The role holder will direct and strengthen expertise in test activities, which includes leading the troubleshooting of test rigs and providing technical support for test engineers internally and advice to clients alike.
As a Product Performance Lead your main duties will be as the following:
- Provide, manage, develop and promote testing within the built environment
- Testing building services components primarily for heating and/or cooling – (refrigeration equipment, heat exchangers, fans, fan coils, valves, pumps etc.), with a principal focus on radiators
- Operating test rigs, including activating data logging software and using test instrumentation
- Provide expert service for bespoke laboratory work and support site-based activities including building services investigations
- Commercial responsibility for projects ensuring work of the team is performed efficiently to a high technical quality standard
- Advise clients on test options and requirements (e.g. Construction Products Regulations)
- Prepare proposals, analyse test data, compile and quality assure test reports for compliance in accordance with international standards
- Design and upgrade test rigs to fulfil requirements of relevant international standards
- Quality assure test activities are properly documented and filed, aligned with formal procedures
- Develop concise and accurately costed proposals to meet client needs or research objectives
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
- Either academic and professional qualifications, chartered engineer status or extensive in-depth experience product testing
- Expert knowledge of building services with emphasis on testing and recording measurements of building services components including test rig design and upgrading
- Experience working in accordance with ISO 17025 Quality Management System
- Effective line manager and able to work as part of a team
- Presentation and training skills